Friday, May 3, 2013

Dried up old fart

We claim to be the experts on recycling, we say " reduce, reuse, recycle", but we lack sorely when it comes to elderly people. I have been out of work for 15 months and I can almost count on both hands how many responses I have gotten out of close to 300 applications. I know in my heart that this is because of my age. Why is it in this world that we are not using the knowledge of those older. There was a time when the elderly were managing the younger and preening them for bigger jobs; now the younger are gleaning the older to make room for the newer. My message to these young managers is thus," I taught you when you were young, I showed you the ropes " and now you cast me out like I am yesterday's garbage. The time is coming shortly my young padawan learners when you are going to run into the problem from hell and there will not be any of the old timers left to help you. We will say, "sorry, it's happy hour and I am late for my Capt and Coke". We need to take a lesson from other countries and how to extract the knowledge that the older have. I always listened to my grandparents and I learned from them, because as we would say, " been there, done that". Now don't get me wrong, I have had younger managers that were good. I don't claim to be a good manager, but I am a good technician and have been repairing things for over 40 years. The smart person would take advantage of that and use my knowledge. Get smart world and realize that recycling just isn't material things,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

legal buy tramadol online tramadol mechanism of action - tramadol dosage in canines