Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Scary

Have you ever Googled your own name? People worry about shreading stuff with their names on it for fear of somebody getting ahold of it but just google your own name and see what you get. I tried it and heres what the internet knows about me

1. You can view a White paper I wrote on a customers website
2. You know that I donated to the College of Dupage foundation - so know they may have some idea where I live
3. You know that I am connected to Naymz and who I work for
4. You know I'm a member of Linkedin and again it shows all my employment history
5. Shows that I am on facebook
6. Spoke.com shows that I am the Lead Support Engineer for Xyratex. I have no idea who they are?
7. A comment I made on Geekbreif TV shows up
8. Two instances of my name in the St Daniels bulletin
9. I'm on Classmates so they know my high school and year I graduated so you could extrapolate my age
10. I'm on Joe Forester Plaxo profile
11. I'm in Kimberly Camms facebook
12. I'm on the crew list for the USS Queenfish"
13. It shows the College and year I graduated
14. I am on a website for Mesothelioma information concerning the USS Queenfish
15. I am onn a Goliath.ecnext.coms website from 2 articles I wrote in the Daily Hearald
16. Knights of Columbus website
17. A newsvine article
18. Class 7316-261 US naval submarine base
19, Y103.9 Website
20. Pipl.com
21. Xyratex Ticket System

Now type in your Social Security Number and it will take you to a website were you can pay to find out about it.

How safe are we really??

No comments: